Small Basic is a new dialect of BASIC from Microsoft, not to be confused with SmallBASIC. I’m rather fond of Small Basic for a number of reasons: it’s a fun procedural language for making simple widgets, you can extend the base language with .NET languages, and I just like BASIC. The projects on this page will consist of programs written in Small Basic and libraries to extend the language. (Note: Many of these programs were written for Small Basic 0.1 and 0.2; they may not work in current versions.)
- ms_small_mouse.sb — a small program that demonstrates the Dialogs library.
- ms_small_test.sb — my first Small Basic program.
- ms_small_widget.sb — a simple widget for surfing through my latest Photobucket images; uses the RssBasic library.
- ms_small_widget2.sb — uses RssBasic and Dialogs, now loads the full-sized image as well as thumbnails, updated for Small Basic 0.3.
- ms_small_xml.sb — as-yet-unfinished XML parser written in Small Basic; as of now it grabs an HTML page and removes double-spaces and hard returns.
- pikachoors.sb — A desktop client for viewing Pikachoors images.